1. 00:38. City Zero (Город Зеро). 1988. Theatre of the absurd, mysterious tragicomedy, black metaphor. Music by Auktsyon (Аукцыон).
2. 03:24. Stalker (Сталкер). 1979. A cerebral timeless masterpiece by A. Tarkovsky, one of the most influential directors of all time. Loosely based on a novel by Strugatsky brothers that somehow foresaw the Chernobyl disaster, it is a philosophical tale about our destiny and choices. Music by Bowery Electric.
3. 05:44. Planet of Storms (Планета Бурь). 1962. Approved by Korolev, the leading Soviet space engineer. Illegally e-edited and re-dubbed as American movie '' Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet '' in 1965. Music by Asylum Party.
4. 08:20. Dead Man's Letters (Письма мёртвого человека). 1986. Directed by probably most faithful of all Tarkovsky's followers K. Lopushansky, this film is a heavy and realistic portrayal of the end of the world. Not an easy watch due to an extreme realism. Music by Ital Tek.
5. 12:04. Inquest of Pilot Pirx (Дознание пилота Пиркса). 1978. A Polish-USSR (mostly Estonian) co-production based on short stories by Stanislaw Lem, it is a mix of Blade Runner and Alien released before them. Music by Klangstabil.
6. 15:04. Parade of the Planets (Парад планет). 1984. Probably the least sci-fi movie in this list, woven of a light and some invisible matter. It's a tale about the destiny, youth and death. Music by Former Ghosts and Timothy D. Hecker.
7. 18:41. Kin-Dza-Dza! (Кин-Дза-Дза!). 1986. The weirdest movie in this list with top Soviet actors and tons of absurd and black humour. It’s hilarious, weird and sad parody on both capitalist and communist societies. A cult movie in all ex-USSR and one of the best Soviet satires of all time.
8. 23:34. ''Aelita'' (Аэлита). 1924. One of the oldest space sci-fi movies ever. First Soviet blockbuster (the film was hugely popular). Interesting, in first place, due to its historical and cultural importance. Great photography and designs.
9. 27:13. Solaris (Солярис). 1972. Another masterpiece by A. Tarkovsky, also providing a great insight into a human soul, this time more with space travel and love relationship flavour. Often seen as a rival of 2001 by S. Kubrick. Music by me.
10. 29:08. ''Per Aspera Ad Astra'' (Через тернии к звёздам). 1981. It felt different from other teenager sci-fi movies like ''Amphibian Man'' or ''Moscow-Cassiopeia'' (or many others) that were hugely popular in USSR and could be considered a Soviet analogues to adventure movies of Steven Spielberg. ''Per Aspera Ad Astra'' was weirder though... it features some very dark and scary scenes. This video clip wasn't edited by me - a great guy David Dean Burkhart did it. Visit his amazing Youtube channel. He takes old footage of all kind and makes music videos for obscure indie pop songs.
w załączonym linku do Polityki Prywatności przypominamy podstawowe informacje z zakresu przetwarzania danych osobowych dostarczanych przez Ciebie podczas korzystania z naszego serwisu. Zamykając ten komunikat (klikając w przycisk “X”), potwierdzasz, że przyjąłeś do wiadomości wskazane w nim działania.
Polityka plików cookies
Strona korzysta z plików cookies w celu realizacji usług i zgodnie z Polityką Plików Cookies. Możesz określić warunki przechowywania lub dostępu do plików cookies w Twojej przeglądarce.