Wpis z mikrobloga

Chyba najważniejszy fragment decyzji brytyjskiego sądu apelacyjnego z 16 kwietnia w sprawie Alfiego Evansa. Myślę, że warto to rozpowszechnić trochę w kontrze do wpisu @enforcer , gdyż sprawa jest bardzo ciężka i emocjonalna a wersja przedstawiana przez Cejrowskiego i zwolenników rodziców dość oszczędnie gospodaruję prawdą. W skrócie: badanie MRI potwierdziło niemalże całkowite zniszczenie mózgu chłopca, pozostawiając jedynie wodę i płyn mózgowo-rdzeniowy. Zaniknęły także połączenia z substancją białą mózgu.

Although it only became apparent when Alfie was a few months old, he is terminally ill with a severe and progressive neurodegenerative condition. The stark nature of the effect of this condition is that an MRI scan undertaken at the beginning of February 2018 revealed, to quote from the Court of Appeal's previous judgment "the almost total destruction of his brain" [13]. As Hayden J said in his judgment of 11th April the "terrible reality" was that "almost the entirety of Alfie's brain (has) been eroded leaving only water and cerebral spinal fluid. By the end of February the connective pathways within the white matter of the brain which facilitate rudimentary sensation – hearing, touch, taste and sight, had been obliterated. They were no longer even identifiable on the MRI scan" [3]. The effect of what had occurred was that Alfie's brain was "entirely beyond recovery": February judgment [16]. Further treatment is futile, as all experts agree, both from the United Kingdom and abroad. Alfie's degenerative condition is remorseless and he will never make any developmental progress.

Wielokrotnie w przekazach medialnych pojawia się informacja o przeniesieniu do rzymskiego szpitala Bambino Gesù, ale szpital tak naprawdę nie zaoferował nic ponad chęć utrzymania chłopca przy życiu za pomocą aparatury medycznej. Nie padła z ich strony obietnicy leczenia lub postawienia alternatywnej diagnozy.

“We are ready to welcome Alfie, as we do with many children who come here from all over the world. We certainly do not promise to heal him, but to take care of him without overly aggressive treatment,” said Mariella Enoc, the president of Bambino Gesù. [...] In an interview with Avvenire - the daily newspaper published by the Italian bishops’ conference - Enoc acknowledged there is probably no cure possible for Alfie, but the Bambino Gesù would continue to provide a ventilator for the child. “We do not argue that the diagnosis made by the British hospital will be changed; we only offer the possibility that the child can go on living. It is a bit difficult for us to understand why they will not allow him to be transported,” sheb said. Enoc said the hospital would insert a breathing and feeding tube, and that the treatment would not cause undue suffering.

Także oficjalne źródło Watykanu

In a letter she wrote to the Pope, Dr Enoc expresses her great esteem for the doctors and staff caring for Alfie in Alder Hey Children's Hospital in Liverpool. What is not being proposed, she says, is to cure Alfie, since his condition is not curable, but to care for him. Possible treatment could include basic hydration, and a tracheotomy to help him breathe. In addition, it might be possible to identify his illness.

#uk #swiat #medycyna #alfieevans
@pol_czlowiek_messi ale podanie trucizny to chyba lekka przesada. To zwyczajna kara śmierci. Zabójstwo.
Jako że nie było na to zgody rodziców to odebrano im prawa rodzicielskie.
Dlaczego po prostu go nie odłączą? Dlaczego nie pozwalają zabrać dziecka?
Wygląda to na zamiar ukrycia pomyłek lekarzy i uniknięcia odszkodowań.
@szpoq można też nie dopuszczać do takich sytuacji gdyby pozwolić ludziom na łatwą aborcję w przypadku poważnych uszkodzeń płodu. Ale to przepala styki. Dla nich liczy się tylko kto ile zniesie cierpienia i bólu.
@steemm każdy stan jest nieuleczalny! Każdy z nas będzie umierał i cierpiał, krócej lub dłużej. Cierpienie jest wpisane w życie.
To dziecko wyżej, z tego co się orientuję, jakichś wad stwierdzonych jako płód nie miało.
Niedługo będziemy mogli stwierdzać prawdopodobieństwo białaczki - będziemy zabijać bo płód wykazał wyższe prawdopodobieństwo białaczki?
@steemm boli cię coś? Może potrzebujesz pomocy? Może akurat trafi się uczulenie, rzadkie, ze śpiączką. Albo ktoś ci poda nie te leki. Ciekawe czy masz rodziców, którzy by o ciebie tak bardzo walczyli, albo chociaż żonę...
A nie, ty masz bordo