Wpis z mikrobloga

Bardzo ciekawy komentarz od użytkownika, który twierdzi, że pracował jako inżynier Beoing test lab m.in. przy projektowaniu i testowaniu modelu 737 Max. Wnioski są niepokojące w świetle dwóch katastrof tego modelu na przestrzeni 5 miesięcy. Gdybym był latający to na pewno nie wsiadłbym do żadnego nowego Boeinga.

Made a throw-away for this...

I was a test engineer and was involved in the design/build/test of the MAX cockpit in the Boeing test lab. While I am not sure how their real avionics are coded, I do know in the lab we had a lot of trouble in the initial test phase because all the software was built on the old FORTRAN system developed for the 777. Over the years, they have just layered new code on the legacy software. So you have FORTRAN -> C -> C++ or Java, depending on what particular avionic system it is. It was enormously complicated and many of the software engineers didn't even know how to get down into the older code. One time it took them over 6 months to chase down where an offset was declared.

This all stems from Boeing's constant cost cutting and doing zero knowledge transfer when people would retire or leave. They never wanted to reinvent the wheel, just make as much money off their old engineering as possible. Shortcuts are the name of the game with Boeing. Additionally, the work environment punishes engineers in the creative design process. Any sort of design iteration is tracked because of their 'first time quality' mantra. Why would you risk to rewrite or redesign any questionable software/part/system when it reflects negatively on you?

So, like I said, I don't know how their actual flight avionics are coded but I know when the Lion Air went down the first thing I thought of was the cluster fuck of a system we had in the lab. This recent one just makes me ill.

#lotnictwo #samoloty i trochę #programowanie biorąc pod uwagę w jaki sposób kodowano awionikę w tym modelu.

Zastanawiam się co czują piloci, którzy właśnie siadają za sterami 737 Max..
tomosano - Bardzo ciekawy komentarz od użytkownika, który twierdzi, że pracował jako ...

źródło: comment_8J0J0MTXtQpYuB04AyYr2xO0cSurcFOW.jpg

Pobierz
@tomosano: Są już znane biuletyny dla maxa, które były opublikowane przed wypadkiem liona. Są znane też pewne problemy i nie jest to jedyna maszyna która na tym etapie ma podobne problemy, np A 380 miał coś z pękającymi dźwigarami czy dreamliner z silnikami RR (?)
A co czują. To samo gdy lecą na trasie na której wg maila otrzymanego dzień wcześniej jest podwyższone ryzyko zamachu terrorystycznego ¯\_(ツ)_/¯