Wpis z mikrobloga

Studio odpowiedzialne za ME:A zdycha.

Hey - I'm Jason Schreier, an editor over at Kotaku. I've seen a lot of posts on this subreddit about my report last month that BioWare Montreal was scaled down and that Mass Effect is on ice. I've seen a ton of you guys say things like "Kotaku clickbait" and "Kotaku is exaggerating what happens at every studio" so let me clear a few things up, based on conversations I've had with several people who know what's going on over there:

1) As far as I know, BioWare Montreal did not expect to be scaled down after they finished Andromeda - they expected to work on a sequel right away. This was not the sort of standard development downsizing or cycling you'd normally see at a game studio. From everything I've heard, most people at BioWare expected Mass Effect to continue immediately after Andromeda launched. The controversial reception to Andromeda DIRECTLY changed things. This was not "business as usual" -- that was the point of my article.

2) My understanding is that the studio has been completely gutted. I've heard that there are dozens and dozens of empty computers as people have moved, or left, and I expect more people to depart the studio this month. It's really sad.

3) I can't say I'm 100% sure about this, but I don't expect there to be any single-player Andromeda DLC, unfortunately.

4) "Clickbait" is an article that obfuscates news or misleads you in order to get you to click. Too many people use the word "clickbait" to refer to articles they just don't like. It bums me out.

I recommend reading this story if you haven't already. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sometimes it's my job. I just want it to be clear that we're not exaggerating or sensationalizing the situation here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/6ghpuc/no_spoilers_let_me_clear_something_up_about/

Z tego co czytałem to grę zarżnęła chęć zrobienia proceduralnie generowanych światów, przez co kilka lat pracy poszło się #!$%@?ć. No i jeszcze Frostbite. Niech już zostawią to proceduralnie generowane gówno.
#masseffect
@mandrake0: @Asterling: @qnebra: to co jest najgorsze to tej grze właśnie brakowało 6 miesięcy, dopracowania, usunięcia błędów, #!$%@? tych #!$%@? i niedopracowanych fetch questów(tj przeskanuj X razy to i to gówno) i wrzucenie czegoś ciekawszego, dopracowania skryptów, dialogów(w sensie część dialogów odpala się w złym momencie) i kompanów(cora, liam, vetra) i tyle, bo wątek główny i historia sama w sobie dawała radę
@Jurigag: Był gdzieś artykuł o tym, że EA oferowało 5 dodatkowych miesięcy na szlify i fundusze na to. Ja #!$%@? :/
A tak to teraz łatają. Może to i coś da, ale memy zrujnowały tą grę.