Wpis z mikrobloga

#programista15k
#programowanie

Mircy. Zapamiętajcie sobie jedno - don't call yourself a programmer.

http://www.kalzumeus.com/2011/10/28/dont-call-yourself-a-programmer/

Do Java programmers make more money than .NET programmers? Anyone describing themselves as either a Java programmer or .NET programmer has already lost, because a) they’re a programmer (you’re not, see above) and b) they’re making themselves non-hireable for most programming jobs. In the real world, picking up a new language takes a few weeks of effort and after 6 to 12 months nobody will ever notice you haven’t been doing that one for your entire career. I did back-end Big Freaking Java Web Application development as recently as March 2010. Trust me, nobody cares about that. If a Python shop was looking for somebody technical to make them a pile of money, the fact that I’ve never written a line of Python would not get held against me.
@kyaroru: @LeopoldStuff: nie uważam się za jakiegoś wielkiego specjalistę, raczej mam takie podejście, żeby się brać za na tyle nietypowe rzeczy, żeby było dosyć mało specjalistów od tej technologii. Także dla mnie wszystko co teraz popularne odpada - ale tym samym odrzucam też masę dobrze płatnych ofert pracy, przykładowo cały stack webowy. Coś za coś.

edit. jeszcze coś- przeczytajcie ten tekst w całości, on własnie mówi o tym że programowanie
@LeopoldStuff: @kapelusz: @kyaroru: jeszcze dorzucę cytaty, bo pewnie nie będzie się większości chciało czytać całości, a dobrze obrazują o co mi chodzi:

There are many varieties of well-paid professionals who sling code but do not describe themselves as slinging code for a living. Quants on Wall Street are the first and best-known example: they use computers and math as a lever to make high-consequence decisions better and faster than