Wpis z mikrobloga

There is this cheapest water in Tesco for about 80-70 groszy. It was all right but I think they somehow have changed the mineral content or the source they tap it from and now it is disgusting. Sad thing indeed because it was so economical to buy when 3 bottles were at the price of one from other brands. It was 1.5 liter in size. The cheapest one I can find now is about 1 PLN per 1.5 liter bottle. Somehow close but about 50% to 25% more expensive.

#praktykaangielskiego
  • Odpowiedz
@Gio I've checked the definitions and I'm a little confused because even after reading them both somehow and somewhat seems appropriate.
What is your line of thinking when choosing somewhat in that sentence? I suspect it is related to the fact that water composition was changed in some way, on the other hand we don't know how it was done so somehow seems also ok from this perspective.
What do you think
  • Odpowiedz
@wrona12 Doing that it becomes way more expensive to use tap water. It stops beeing available at moment's notice, you can't store it in a convenient way, it takes long time to boil and is hard to take it with you. Bottles are tightly sealed so they won't easily get damaged or leak in the backpack or somwhere. The plastic is a nagative factor in all of this, but somehow it's a
  • Odpowiedz
@Wina_Segmentacji: To be perfectly honest - both uses would be correct „by the book” - but given that I’ve spent nearly 6 years living abroad (Northern Ireland) I’ve corrected you on a basis that „Somewhat” would have been used by natives 95 times out of a 100 in that type of sentence. Lets just say it simply „sounds better”.
  • Odpowiedz