Wpis z mikrobloga

Temat na czasie, więc łatwo będzie się z jego pomocą dowiedzieć czegoś o etyce cnót ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The sort of ethical theory derived from Aristotle, variously described as virtue ethics, virtue-based ethics, or neo-Aristotelianism, is becoming better known, and is now quite widely recognized as at least a possible rival to deontological and utilitarian theories. With recognition has come criticism, of varying quality. In this article I shall discuss nine separate criticisms that I have frequently encountered, most of which seem to me to betray an inadequate grasp either of the structure of virtue theory or of what would be involved in thinking about a real moral issue in its terms. In the first half I aim particularly to secure an understanding that will reveal that many of these criticisms are simply misplaced, and to articulate what I take to be the major criticism of virtue theory. I reject this criticism, but do not claim that it is necessarily misplaced. In the second half I aim to deepen that understanding and highlight the issues raised by the criticisms by illustrating what the theory looks like when it is applied to a particular issue, in this case, abortion.

https://www.meddent.uwa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/3034452/04.2-Hursthouse-1991-Virtue-Theory-and-Abortion-P_PA.pdf.pdf

#filozofia #etyka #aborcja
  • Odpowiedz