Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

mawkish - ckliwy, cukierkowy [(disapproving) expressing or sharing emotion in a way that is exaggerated or embarrassing]
/ˈmɑː.kɪʃ/
The film lapses into mawkish sentimentality near the end.
-----
languor - rozleniwienie, rozmarzenie [literary; pleasant mental or physical tiredness or lack of activity]
/ˈlæŋ.ɡɚ/
She missed Spain and the languor of a siesta on a hot summer afternoon.
-----
undertone - wydźwięk, nuta, podtekst [a particular but not obvious characteristic that a piece of writing or speech, an event, or a situation has]
/ˈʌn.dɚ.toʊn/
I thought her speech had slightly sinister undertones.
-----
infirmity - niemoc, zniedołężnienie [illness, especially for long periods or because of old age]
/ɪnˈfɝː.mə.t̬i/
We all fear disability or infirmity.
-----
to chafe - drażnić, ocierać [to make or become damaged or sore by rubbing]
/tʃeɪf/
That bracelet chafed my wrist.
-----
frivolity - frywolność, błazenada [behavior that is silly or amusing, especially when this is not suitable]
/frɪˈvɑː.lə.t̬i/
It was just a piece of harmless frivolity.
-----
acclaim - uznanie [public approval and praise]
/əˈkleɪm/
The scientist earned acclaim for his remarkable achievement in the field of DNA research.
-----
to recede - oddalać się, maleć [to move further away into the distance, or to become less clear or less bright]
/rɪˈsiːd/
As the boat picked up speed, the coastline receded into the distance until finally it became invisible.
-----
to doodle - gryzmolić [to draw lines, shapes, etc., especially when you are bored or thinking about something else]
/ˈduː.dəl/
I often doodle when I'm on the phone.
-----
to prosecute - oskarżyć, zaskarżyć [to officially charge someone with a crime in court]
/ˈprɑː.sə.kjuːt/
The company was prosecuted for breaching the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
#####
bonus - idiom
like cat and dog
Two people who fight or argue like cat and dog frequently have violent arguments, even though they are fond of each other.
They fight like cat and dog but they're still together after 30 years.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

mawkish...

źródło: comment_1614229266ywf8SR7L2VN3zMltOgbSUn.jpg

Pobierz