Wpis z mikrobloga

Ciekawa teoria o Vedze ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (z reddita)

"If it's single Vega water cooled, why is it so long? It should be around Fury X size.
Unless! tinfoil hat
If it was purely hbm2 it would be around the size of the Fury X. Instead it's a full length pcb card.
The card has 16GB but only 480GB/s bandwidth. That means either 4 stacks of 4GB, which would mean significantly higher bandwidth. Or they're using two 8GB stacks, which is also unlikely. Neither Samsung nor SK Hynix has shown any working.
Even Ryan Smith at Anandtech doesn't know how AMD might have done that.
Calling it here folks, Vega 16GB is actually 8GB HBM2, and 8GB GDDR5 using the HBCC to use it all.
They don't list the card as having 16GB HBM2, they state and list 16GB HBC - High Bandwidth Cache."

#pcmasterrace #amd #kartygraficzne #komputery
Pobierz JanuszekzKoluszek123 - Ciekawa teoria o Vedze (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) (z reddita)

"If it's si...
źródło: comment_4Uv90o4mkM257il3UNbX5jWvTLGEKcTx.jpg
@Januszek_z_Koluszek123: Szczerze powiedziawszy czy to HBM2 czy GDDR5 to nie robi mi to większej różnicy. Jeżeli w końcu renderowanie OpenCL ruszy z kopyta na kartach AMD i będzie konkurencyjne dla CUDA Nvidii to i tak będzie killer dla zastosowań profesjonalnych w stacjach roboczych. Np. do renderowania 3D prędkość pamięci nie ma żadnego znaczenia, rozmiar i złożoność sceny natomiast ogranicza ilość dostępnej pamięci i tutaj takie 16GB jest super.