Wpis z mikrobloga

Wkurzenie Sapkowskiego chyba ma jednak uzasadnienie - z forum RPG Codex:

<3sRichardSimmons napisał:

I was reading through this thread a few days ago and thinking how ludicrous the assertion that people thought the books were based on the games is. I can even remember a PCGamer preview of Twitcher1 from back around when NWN was first released that went on at length about what a big deal the books were back in Poland.

Cue to this afternoon when I walked into a Barnes and Noble in downtown Chicago with the intention of picking up The Last Wish. Scanning the fantasy section shelf to Sapkowski I was surprised that, not only was The Last Wish not there, there wasn't a single Sapkowski book on the shelf! Perplexed, as I know they've had multiple mass-market paperback printings in the US in the past few years, I approached a store clerk and asked if they had anything by Sapkowski. The clerk dutifully ran "Sapkowski "through his store's inventory program, shrugged his head, and gave me a short "Nope. Sorry."
"Really?!" I pressed him incredulously. "'The Witcher' books?" At the words "The Witcher" he gave an immediate jolt of recognition and promptly showed me over to a shelf full of the whole series. The Shelf was in an unmarked aisle adjacent to the sci-fi/fantasy section and sharing shelf-space with such distinguished company as a slew of Mass Effect, Halo, and World of Warcraft novels. He then told me that he loved "that game, but the books aren't nearly as good". I was nearly too embarrassed to buy the book, but it appears here that Sapkowski is spot on about some people believing him to an inferior knockoff of the original, and I can understand why that would great at anyone who's genuinely created something.

Jestem skłonny uwierzyć, że to prawda, bo bądźmy szczerzy, na świecie kojarzą grę "The Witcher", a nie "The Blood of Elves" albo "Sword of Destiny", szczególnie, że docelowym targetem gier CD Projektu są ci sami idioci, którzy kupują gnioty Bethesdy. Pewnie sprzedawca uznał, że książki mają szansę się sprzedać lepiej właśnie w tym dziale, gdy ktoś będzie szukał książek o swojej ulubionej grze.

#wiedzmin #wiedzmin3 #ksiazki #sapkowskinadzis #heheszki
@Bethesda_sucks: oczywiście, że ma, wielokrotnie wspominał, że gra narobiła mu dużo smrodu i zaczęto wydawać jego książki jako oparte na grach, a nie odwrotnie. ból dupy w tym przypadku jest uzasadniony
@redo123: Co go obchodzi jak reklamowane są książki na świecie i z jakiego powodu ludzie po nie sięgają? Niech się cieszy że hajs płynie i ludzie czytają bo bez CDPR by tego nie miał. Nawet jeśli jakimś cudem by to wydali za oceanem to kto by wybrał Wiedzmina gdy obok stoi mega popularna Gra o tron i inne serie fantasy znanych autorów? Wiedźmin popularny 20 lat temu w jakimś #!$%@? gdzie
@pumpkinguy: dla mnie triss to zbyt prosty wybór na dobrą książkę. Równie dobrze wszystkie wydarzenia dla Geralta i ciri mogłyby się skończyć po dwóch tomach, dobro by wygrało, zło upadło, w Geralt byłby mianowany na dwórkę. Właśnie o to chodzi żeby gdzieś z tylu siedziała ta niepewność i zawód, żeby relacje nie były tak proste i po wieczność idealne. xd
@drzuo: a gdyby nie książki to gra w ogóle by nie powstała

@redo123: Gdyby nie ksiazki to bylby jakims pijaczyną pod budka z piwem.
Wiec chyba lepiej ze sa ksiazki co implikuje rowniez gre?