Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

minuscule - mikroskopijny [extremely small]
/ˈmɪn.ə.skjuːl/
All she gave him to eat was two minuscule pieces of toast.
-----
to flay - obdzierać ze skóry, zdejmować skórę [to remove the skin from an animal or person, usually when they are dead]
/fleɪ/
The hunter flayed the rabbit and prepared it for cooking.
-----
far-fetched - naciągany [very unlikely to be true, and difficult to believe]
/ˌfɑːrˈfetʃt/
The whole story sounds very far-fetched.
-----
contraption - przyrząd, machina [a device or machine that looks awkward or old-fashioned, especially one that you do not know how to use]
/kənˈtræp.ʃən/
What's that strange contraption in the garage?
-----
gore - rozlana krew [thick blood that has flowed from a wound, especially in a violent situation]
/ɡɔːr/
It's a good film, but there's a lot of blood and gore in it.
-----
isle - wyspa [literary; (used especially in place names) an island]
/aɪl/
Explore the more remote Caribbean isles.
-----
to flatter - schlebiać, prawić komplementy [to praise someone in order to make them feel attractive or important, sometimes in a way that is not sincere]
/ˈflæt̬.ɚ/
I knew he was only flattering me because he wanted to borrow some money.
-----
to forge - fałszować [to make an illegal copy of something in order to deceive]
/fɔːrdʒ/
He's getting good at forging his mother's signature.
-----
aisle - przejście [a passage between rows of seats in a church, theater, train, etc., or between rows of shelves in a supermarket]
/aɪl/
Would you like an aisle seat or would you prefer to be by the window?
-----
idol - bożek [a picture or object that people pray to as part of their religion]
/ˈaɪ.dəl/
The ancient people of this area worshipped a huge bronze idol in the shape of an elephant.
#####
bonus - idiom
let the cat out of the bag
If you let the cat out of the bag, you reveal a secret, generally not intentionally.
When the child told her grandmother about the plans for her birthday, she let the cat out of the bag.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.

Za kilka miesięcy skończę publikować wpisy, a na wykopie dawno opublikowane treści często trudno się wyszukuje.
Jeżeli ktoś chce mieć łatwy dostęp do wszystkich opublikowanych zestawień także w dalszej przyszłości (i z dobrze działającą wyszukiwarką), to może dołączyć do kanału na Telegramie: https://t.me/angielski_z_niepowazna
GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

minuscu...

źródło: comment_1614142865aVuOHFHD1XEFfPZHIDBajW.jpg

Pobierz