Wpis z mikrobloga

Czytam dyskusje o #uasf na reddicie i się peniam:D

Here's some math for you. Currently the only pool signaling intent to mine BIP148 after August 1st is Slush Pool, however not the entire pool (about 4.8% of the current total hashrate at the moment), but rather 3.43% of that pool, so that works out to about 0.16% of the total hashrate currently signaling that they will mine BIP148.

So let's be generous and say that this amount of miner support increases 60 times by August 1st, that would give them about 10% of the total hashrate. Let's also be generous and say a few of the major exchanges add BIP148 as a tradeable pair to their platforms. Currently none of the major exchanges have announced support, but this might change.

So now August 1st rolls around, a few exchanges are now trading the minority chain, and they've credited trader's accounts with an identical amount of UASF coins as they have Bitcoins on balance. An hour goes by, no blocks have been found on the minority chain, traders get nervous and start to dump their UASF coins for Bitcoin, dumping the price of a UASF coin to a small fraction of Bitcoin. From here, a few hours go by and the miners mining the BIP148 chain realize they are making a small fraction of what they were on the main chain, actually most of them have made nothing as only a couple blocks have been found. Half of them switch back to the main chain so they don't lose any more profits. The cycle continues as block times get slower and slower for the minority chain as miners continue to abandon it for the majority chain. Within a few days the UASF chain has no miners left and is delisted from exchanges.

Czyli jak się minerzy nie przestawią to może być lipa :s

#bitcoin
@Kliko: chodzi mi bardziej o brak pewności co się stanie - a tego inwestorzy, a co za tym idzie cena, bardzo nie lubią. Może być nerwowo co spowoduje dużą korektę.
@koob: tak wiem jestem manipulowany ;)

Poza tym Garzik to koleś, który wypalił się tak samo jak Gavin i nie potrafi się z tym pogodzić. Nie daje rady Core to go przerosło.
Nie uda mu się wygrać z naszą siecią nodów :)

@pawlo74: nadal nie rozumiesz ze nody nic nie znacza ? Bez minerów sieć umrze.
Mam nadzieję, że w przypadku splita zrzucisz wszystkie btc w zamian za uasf-btc
@koob: siejesz taką samą propagandę jak na temat deweloperów Core. Kiedy Ty wreszcie zrozumiesz, że tu nie liczy się polityka? Daj sobie z nią spokój.
Ja wiem czego chce i jakiego bitcoina chcę. Setka polityków tego nie zmieni.
@koob:
Bitcoin exists for the users, the miners make profits by providing a service, like everything else.

If my ISP is providing a shit service and charging me double what the competition is, I would switch to the competition.

Miners (Jihan) argue that the fees would be too low for SegWit? Sure, but they can still mine regular fees, and those wont go away. And it's only really recently that the
@WeselnyGiermek00: a to możliwe bo BitPay zdradziło nas całkiem. Ja do niego samego nie mam nic. Miał swój wkład w bitcoina tak samo jak Gavin. Pamiętam, że on nawet wysłał kopię blockchaina bitcoinowego na orbitę, więc kopia zachowa się nawet w przypadku wojny atomowej ale kompetencje każdego człowieka gdzieś kończą się. Myślę, że jaego skończyły się. On jest jakimś wojakiem? Pilotem? Taki człowiek chce konkurować z naukowcami? W Core wielu to
@WeselnyGiermek00: masz rację ale zobacz jaka pokręcona logika, Jihan charguje ich ile tylko się da aż ich biznes staje za skraju bankructwa tymczasem co oni robią? Popierają SegWit aby rozwiązać problem wysokich opłat? NIE. Oni bratają się z tym, który jest powodem ich porażki. Przecież tu mózg się lasuje.